Forum / Forums / Eric Peters Autos Forum / Reuters: Tesla created secret team to suppress thousands of driving range compla

• Author

How the hell is this not fraud? And who’s going to be liable when some family freezes to death on a stretch of I-80 with “no services” in the middle of winter when their Tesla conks out?

<i><b>Failed tests and false advertising</b>

Tesla isn’t the only automaker with cars that don’t regularly achieve their advertised ranges.

One of the experts, Gregory Pannone, co-authored a study of 21 different brands of electric vehicles, published in April by SAE International, an engineering organization. The research found that, on average, the cars fell short of their advertised ranges by 12.5% in highway driving.

The study did not name the brands tested, but Pannone told Reuters that three Tesla models posted the worst performance, falling short of their advertised ranges by an average of 26%.

The EV pioneer pushes the limits of government testing regulations that govern the claims automakers put on window stickers, the three automotive experts told Reuters.</i>

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/tesla-batteries-range/

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.