Forum / Forums / Eric Peters Autos Forum / Is there more to the ‘smoke’ from the Canadian wildfires drifting here?

Tagged: 

• Author

I did not consider this perspective about the makeup of the ‘smoke’ from the fires, did you?

Apocalypse Lunchtime

Not many days ago, when the weatherman said there was a concentration of haze from the fires reaching the ground here in Iowa, I looked at the Sun at about six O’clock and saw the same weird blurred whiteness as Dr Naomi Wolf captured in one of her photos in the article.

It was really eerie, like a scene on a different planet in a sci-fi flick, a person could look briefly at the Sun, as if it … I don’t even know how to describe it.

Anyway, just wondered if anyone else noticed, or hadn’t thought of some of what she wrote about.

June 15, 2023 at 4:18 pm #279

Helot,

Interesting post. From southern NJ, I can say that the sky was hazy for several days. Wed Jun 7, 2023 was the worst in my area. I do not remember the air being that rotten in NJ (And I have driven alonng the NJTP in northern NJ).

Thankfully the air began to clear out on Thursday and get better.

It does seem unusual (to me) that so many fires would occur in the middle of Quebec Province without any involvement by people. Either many careless people (or possibly a deliberate action).

June 22, 2023 at 2:50 am #280

I couldn’t read the drivel in that article (I get disgusted when I see these assholes with smartphones, booking Ubers and spreading their cheeks for the technocracy whining about the tyranny which they so eagerly comply with just for ‘convenience’.) but when I heard about these Canook fires, and especially when I saw a pic of my former haunt on Long Island looking like it was an old-timey sepia photo from 100 years ago, I thought the same thing…I wonder if it is something else? I mean, I’m 61 years old and have NEVER seen anything like that before affecting LI.

The linked pic is 60 miles east of NYC. I was there for 9/11 (happened the week I was supposed to escape NY!) and there wasn’t any hint of a clue in the sky as to what had happened just 60 miles away. There have been wildfires ON Long Island; fires in upstate NY; fires in Canookistan north of the border; the Bronx burnt down when I was a kid….but NOTHING ever had any effect on LI due to it having the Atlantic ocean at it’s south, and the LI Sound at it’s north.

Very strange. Plus, I’ve never seen smoke from farst fars look like that…not even in Commiefornia a few miles from major fires. I’m very suspicious.

Pic: Lake Ronkonkoma 60 miles east of NYC.
    https://scontent.fftk1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/352235607_1306939706576882_2594521601206814952_n.jpg?stp=cp6_dst-jpg_p526x296&_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=F-Jx2KTmHeIAX-QkhWC&_nc_ht=scontent.fftk1-1.fna&oh=00_AfDeQmIeqE0GBnKIYk549lkQJebEqIiqxtYnA1kxlvk1xQ&oe=6498A41C

June 23, 2023 at 8:59 pm #281

Eerie photo. Looks similar to movie photos trying to depict non-earth locales.

I have seen haze in air due to fires, but usually they were from much closer (within 50 miles on my location)

I’m not saying the fires are not a coincidence, but I could not rule out human intervention in causing the fires.

June 29, 2023 at 11:53 pm #282

The smoke has been terrible this week. I reckon visibility has been reduced to about a quarter of a mile. Like a fog.
    I spoke to an older guy and he mentioned he thought it was nothing but a fog,… in the middle of a hot afternoon, with no real clouds. Go figure, there’s no waking some people up, I guess.

The last few days, others have said how it makes their eyes water & gives them headaches. I haven’t been bothered by it too much, until today. The weather babe said a storm front moving in would blow the smoke away, and, it did, for about two whole hours.
    Afterwards, it got stinking hot & way more humid.

That humidity, & the heat, That finally made the smoke affect me. The whole run down: watery eyes, coughing, tired. ….Like being downwind from L.A. in the 80’s, times four.

I can’t even imagine what it must be like for those more in the thick of the smoke.

And as Summer rolls on, & humidity kicks up,… whoa!

I’ve been to plenty of bonfires & campfires & in the wrong spot downwind,… there’s no getting out of the wrong spot.

I never thought about preparing for wildfires (there’s zero FedGov forrest in Iowa to mismanage) or nuke fallout,… lately, I’ve begun to think of bugging out of here, or putting on a full on NBC mask, complete with oxygen tank.

Doug, South of me, describes it pretty well in this bit – and – he reminds me of Eric when he talks about taxes:

‘How Government takes your HOUSE and PROPERTY! HAPPENING NOW!!’

July 15, 2023 at 11:30 pm #293

Ha! Was talking to my 98 year-old mother the other day- neither one of us had ever mentioned anything about the Canook fires before- but she had been talking with a relative from the northeast who mentioned that the air was so bad there that it made their eyes water. EVEN MY MOTHER said “Seems funny that all these years we never had anything like this before….”. I floated my theory that I wouldn’t be surprised if “we” had messed something up and caused a WMD or something to go off- and my mother, who almost always poo-poos any sort of conspiracy theory or initial skepticism of an official narrative, didn’t poo-poo that thought, but rather said “That would be lousy if that were the case. Something’s gotta be amiss, ’cause in all my years I’ve never seen anything like this”.

July 16, 2023 at 8:31 am #294

Lately, I’ve thought the same thing: ’cause in all my years I’ve never seen anything like this”.

We have something like only a quarter of a mile visibility at times. Many mornings I wonder, is it fog, or is it smoke? Often, the weatherman won’t mention it either way. Only when it’s real bad out, like today, do they mention it, and they say things like, ~ stay indoors all day, don’t go outside, creeps me out a bit and reminds me of scenes from this flick:

BEYOND THE RESET – Animated Short Film

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.