• Author

Coming Soon

March 2, 2023 at 8:36 am #189

A kind of Quick Start operating manual of sorts might be useful?

Things like:

What’s the ‘Tags’ box for & how does it work?

You can only post one link at a time, not two or more. If you do, your post or reply will go to the dark-matter space of the Internet, never to be seen again.

Why do some URL’S show up as little boxes with some opening text to the link, while others just appear as a simple link?

Is there a way to upload photos from a PC?

How can an author delete a post or reply?

I just now noticed the, ’emoji & symbols’ option when I right-click:πŸ’₯ πŸš™
    (🏍 + πŸ›΅) <-does this = a motor-scooter?

March 2, 2023 at 8:51 am #192

Jut noticed the ‘edit’ option pop-up if you run your cursor over the asterisk in the lower right-hand corner of the comment box.

Is it a time sensitive feature? I.e. you only have so many minutes to edit, then that option disappears?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by helot.
    April 17, 2023 at 9:10 pm #261

Hi Ya, Eric!

Just a suggestion- Wasn’t sure where to post it, so I hope ya don’t mind me posting here…and feel free to remove my post after you read it, of course.

But…how about a red button up in the navigation section of the main site, with FORUM in white letters, to alert those who may not be aware of this forum of it’s existence, and to help those who may not know where to look for it? I think ya’d get more action here if this forum’s presence was made more obvious.

I can think of a lot of things I could post here…but alas…time…. (You know how that goes…).

Hey, when I used to have a forum, my policy was pretty simple: “Mix it up boys…just don’t post spam or p0rn…and don’t come bitching to me if something offends you!” (And I still got people asking if they could be moderators!)

And [ta-da]…your most recent articles have truly been outstanding!

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Nunzio.
    May 7, 2023 at 7:01 am #263

It would be nice to post a picture of my carπŸš—

May 17, 2023 at 1:37 pm #264

Looks like a beauty, Duntoirab! I think the Pink Panther used to have of those…..

May 21, 2023 at 4:30 am #265

πŸ™‚

May 24, 2023 at 7:52 am #273

Yah, photos would be good. No smooth way to create a thread about repairing a vehicle or something without photos & video. Or, even cool car photos.

,…And now, for the rest of the day I’ll be occasionally thinking about Pink Panther’s car. TYVM. Ha!

October 14, 2023 at 1:18 pm #381

Weird, I posted two comments on a thread on the Forum. I could see them when I was logged in, it looked they posted correctly, but when I log out it’s like it never happened. I log back in, and there they are.

I never noticed that before.

October 16, 2023 at 11:50 am #384

Helot,

Your one-link-only rule seems to be correct! Why, what a pain in the ass. This means my research reports will be 45 posts long. I was wondering about the maximum post length, but with this limitation, that doesn’t matter much.

October 19, 2023 at 9:48 pm #386

RE: “This means my research reports will be 45 posts long”

You could say, “at LRC”

Or, cite the authors name & the first bit of the web address so it’s searchable. Like:

‘The Greatest Crime in Human History’
    Mises.org

October 19, 2023

‘An Evening with Dr. Naomi Wolf’ – on YouTube

[I wonder if the mies dot org shows up as a link?]

October 20, 2023 at 5:37 pm #389

Helot,

I plan to “comment-out” many links, as is done in coding, as I think most people know how to cut and paste.

Let’s see if that works:

#https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2022/01/220120103403.htm

October 20, 2023 at 5:38 pm #390

…Seems to work well. πŸ™‚

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.