Forum / Forums / Eric Peters Autos Forum / Decent healthshare recommendations

• Author

Hey everyone, just curious about health shares that anyone here may use or know of. I have been a member of liberty healthshare. It was good initially but has been turning into more of an insurance style healthshare. I’m not interested in any discounts for medications and pay all minor medical bills out of pocket as I only go to doctors that don’t accept insurance. I’m basically looking for a company that has reasonable premiums and coverage for catastrophic type ordeals so I’m not forced into bankruptcy. Basically as close to the old catastrophic insurance plans from the pre Obama days as possible. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

February 24, 2023 at 2:09 pm #126

Hi Ancap!

If you find one such, let me know!

February 25, 2023 at 12:24 pm #136

FYI I tried to sign up for CrowdHealth (advertiser on Tom Woods’ podcast). I wasn’t eligible because I smoked back in the 1990s. Doesn’t matter that I haven’t lit up in 25 years, that’s just how they roll. Have no idea why, but the guy said that’s what their underwriter requires.

Probably should have lied… anyway.

March 5, 2023 at 11:11 pm #222

Crowdhealth has a great idea, but the coverage after $500 out of pocket seems low to me. It’d be nice if they offered a lower monthly and a higher unshared portion. Like $10,000. Even $2500 could drop the monthly by a substantial amount I would think. I guess I’m just longing for the days of a catastrophic type policy idea.

Medishare was the most reasonable for a family and offers a lower premium with a $12000 unshared portion.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.