Forum / Forums / Eric Peters Autos Forum / All the stupid people, where do they all belong?

• Author

I’ve been coming across quite a number of articles about stupidity in relation to how Liberty & Freedom are easily given up. Thought I’d try & post ’em here, maybe if you came across any other good ones, leave a link?

I’d plunk them all down here at once, but I dunno if the system will take it, so I’ll add them, one comment at a time. Here’s the first one,… but first, a song:

‘The Beatles – Eleanor Rigby (From “Yellow Submarine”)’

March 1, 2023 at 11:53 pm #167

“On Stupidity”
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s theory explains much of contemporary politics and culture.

Peter A. McCullough, MD, MPH™
    Feb 24

https://petermcculloughmd.substack.com/p/on-stupidity?utm_source=post-email-title&publication_id=1119676&post_id=104880959&isFreemail=true&utm_medium=email

March 1, 2023 at 11:55 pm #168

‘Why Smart People Are Stupid, Part II’
    By Bionic Mosquito

December 15, 2021

Why Smart People Are Stupid, Part II

[Part I is linked in the article.]

March 1, 2023 at 11:59 pm #169

‘Mimicking Instead of Thinking’
    The example of “Build Back Better”

Peter A. McCullough, MD, MPH™
    Feb 27

https://petermcculloughmd.substack.com/p/mimicking-instead-of-thinking?utm_source=post-email-title&publication_id=1119676&post_id=105342338&isFreemail=true&utm_medium=email

I remember when I was a teenager & my friends & I came out of a movie theater after watching a Kung-Fu flick. All of us were doing round-houses & hi-ya!’s in the parking lot …

“Much of the time when we hear politicians, academics, activists, actors, and journalists speak about a difficult subject, they use the same formulations, phrases, mantras, and slogans. This, it seems to me, is an indication that they are NOT thinking, but imitating what has become the fashionable view of the matter. They’ve heard other people of favored status use certain phrases and formulations, so they parrot them.”

March 2, 2023 at 12:02 am #170

I imagine you all already saw this related bit:

‘Ohio Pizzeria Faces Backlash for ‘Now Hiring: Non-Stupid People’ Sign’

““A lot of the people we’ve hired just don’t want to work,” Dunigan said. “There is no work ethic behind them, so that’s the meaning behind the ‘non-stupid.’””…

https://www.breitbart.com/pre-viral/2023/02/22/ohio-pizzeria-faces-backlash-now-hiring-non-stupid-people-sign/

March 2, 2023 at 12:06 am #171

I wonder if this is still going on (it’s even more bizarre in hindsight):

“…many still enter a state of hysteria when they see an unmasked person, even if they look perfectly healthy and clearly are not suffering from any kind of respiratory issue. This is a highly irrational state that has no basis in reality.

Indeed, according to McDonald, these people are suffering from delusional psychosis,13 and there are a lot of them. He goes so far as to refer to the outside of his home or office as the “outdoor insane asylum,” where he must assume “that any person that I run into is insane” unless they prove otherwise.14″…

The World Is Suffering From Mass Delusional Psychosis

March 2, 2023 at 12:08 am #172

‘Why People Outsource Their Thinking to “The Experts”’

…”Let’s first define what critical thinking is. I’d say it’s the process of questioning the validity of the assumptions and the accuracy of the data for everything. A critical thinker never assumes or takes anything for granted.”…

Why People Outsource Their Thinking to “The Experts”

March 2, 2023 at 12:09 am #173

No comment:

Face Mask, Money, State, and Human Stupidity

March 2, 2023 at 12:12 am #174

“… Nonstop propaganda- really brainwashing- has turned many Americans into unthinking, unquestioning sheep who lack both empathy and a moral compass.

Consider all that Americans have permitted over just the last thirty years.”…

Are Americans Getting Dumber?

March 2, 2023 at 12:19 am #175

And then, in addition to stupidity, in the background, there is this to consider:

https://naomiwolf.substack.com/p/have-the-ancient-gods-returned

March 2, 2023 at 12:28 am #176

This one, while not about stupidity, is perhaps the other side of the coin? Or, something like that?:

“Peterson believes that all seeming political struggles are ultimately personal ones. Do we back off and acquiesce to conventional wisdom or do we continue to walk toward the light as shown by our conscience? […]

Going against the grain and daring to stand up for truth in a time of totalitarianism is exceedingly dangerous. Our times have proven that.”…

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/contagion-cowardice

March 2, 2023 at 9:03 am #196

“We will not keep silent. We are your guilty conscience.” <- I’d forgotten about that line.

It’s from this well written compilation of links about truth, truth seekers, and those who close their minds:

Letter to a Mainstream Straddler

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by helot.
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.